Monday, September 27, 2010

Orange Spice Macaron

Today a rather large storm passed over my place of work. It was amazing! The best part was the smell after the storm, the whole area (which is located in the country) smelled of wet leaves. It's that fall colour you come to associate with love! True, pure love! There were many times in my life when I would go hiking in the fall and that smell would greet me in the morning. Cool and crisp, it's not the smell of decay (even though literally, that is what it is), but rather, the smell of warmth.

I imagine that if orange had a smell, it would smell of the fall leaves.

So, keeping with the theme of fall, I made Orange Spice Macarons!

The idea was a basic orange macaron (colored orange with orange-zest and a little orange extract) filled with a maple-cream cheese buttercream (spiced with a little extra cloves, ginger and cinnamon). To top off the look, I sprinkled a little cocoa powder on top.


I'm still working on the dome top. The problem with this batch is that I added a little too much almond flour, so they were heavy, and did not settle the way I would have liked. But they still remind me of fall, and are still quite delicious! I am my own worst critic!

So, here's the question I pose, what do you know of macarons.

Last April, the Times Online posted an interesting article on the Macaron: Macaroons (edit: STUPID! They even have a picture of a macaron): what that fashionista is eating. Claiming that a rise in popularity for the little cookie has caused it to begin bumping the beloved cupcake.

So, the questions I pose is this: Is the macaon the new cupcake?

Tell me what you think! I'm curious to know!

post signature

9 comments:

Kate said...

I haven't yet seen any fall inspired macarons in the blogging world. What a great idea. The flavor combo sounds fabulous. I haven't attempted to make macarons yet, too afraid mine will be a flop. I read the same Times article. As lovely as macarons are, I don't think they can ever surpass the cupcake!

Cara Lee said...

Just came across your blog today. Your macaroons look tasty! Funny I just did a post about whoopie pies being the next cupcake? I think macaroons will be on my list to try to make soon :)

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about some flavors for the fall and upcoming holidays and thought an Orange spice would be good. I am definitely going to try this.

sandra said...

I tried with a cat, yeah, no, it's horrible, there's a 10% chance of catching a mouse, I'll turn it into a cat, forget to feed it for like 2 hours, switched to another cat that Tried, and finally changed. A cat went on a spice online book promotion services search, but the 50 percent probability was still slow, so I assumed it was sick, so I just tried to kill the giant with food rather than the veil, and it died, so I assumed it was sick. It only gets 5 degrees.

Ammar Forte said...

At APARTMENTS FOR SALE IN MURREE , you will have a lovely view from your window. Only at Clouds Casa Murree can you enjoy a lavish lifestyle with spectacular amenities. Clouds Casa Murree is the Best Property for Sale in Murree with Unparalleled Serenity.

Digitel Marketing said...

Amazing post to read.I am very happy to read this post. Thank you for sharing. I am also sharing something important about our service. We are assignment solution. We are providing online assignment solution to the students at the affordable price. We have top qualified experts who can handle all kinds of subjects. We provides assignment writing service at all over the globe. We have over 15+ years experience in the academic paper/ assignment writing. For more info visit this links. Thank you

UK Assignments

Assignment Help in the UK

ENGINEERING ASSIGNMENT HELP

MBA Assignment Help

MY Assignment Help

Online Assignment Help

Mark Spencer said...

Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free stage like or go for a paid alternative? help with essay There are such a large number of alternatives out there that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!

Assignment Help said...

Nice post. Moreover, our alliance provides its services of homework online to the students. Students can get done their assignments/assessments and homework online at a very affordable price. Our assignment experts’ team is 24*7 available to deliver their services and help the students to complete their assignments.

breekelly said...

The Grand all gta games for android has not only showcased the technical prowess of mobile devices but also redefined the expectations for console-quality gaming on the go.