Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pumpkin is a comfort food to me. I've always loved it. My favorite way to eat it is in cookie form. The Pumpkin Cookie is, and will always be, my favorite cookie. Why you ask? Well, it is soft, chewy, and can be paired with coffee? You can put cranberries, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, nuts, or any other kind of addition into the recipe, and they still taste amazing! So, I'll share my recipe with you! If you've not already tried making pumpkin cookies, you should try it now!


Pumpkin White Chocolate / Anything Cookies

(you can sub white chocolate chips for anything really)

Ingredients:
1/2 c butter 1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla 1 egg (large)
1/2 tsp salt 1 tbsp orange zest (yeah, that's right!)
1 c pumpkin 2 14 c flour
2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon 1 c white chocolate chips (or anything really)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add and stir in salt, egg, vanilla and orange zest.
2. Mix try ingredients: flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and the 1 cup of chips or whatever.
3. Add dry ingredients into wet, alternating the dry with the pumpkin. Stir until incorporated.
4. Spoon 1 tbsp of mix onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 min, or until cooked through.



Yes, if you are wondering, I ate the entire plate of cookies with my coffee. It was delicious, and I promptly went to bed... letting the fat settle in. Pumpkin is a vegetable right? it's healthy? Ah well.

post signature



2 comments:

Mo said...

Yum. I would totally count these as health food too. ;-)

Jackie Layne said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try these :-)