Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Tangled Cake! now with 50% more Diego

Hello all. I am still alive! Even after creating this beast of a cake. Three tiers of crazy characters. When I was first presented with the idea for this cake, my friend just wanted a Tangled cake, but the more she discussed the party with her daughters the more they disagreed on the design. She then asked me to do two cakes, but that would be too many (at least that's what I though)! What did I suggest, well, how about we amalgamate the two ideas into one monster cake. Like this:

I should have stuck with two small cakes. This beast was a blast to make and decorate, but a beast to create! The tower is modeling chocolate with an ice-cream cone topper (decorated to look tower-e). The top two cakes are chocolate and the bottom is vanilla.

For the Tangled themed top, I went with a simple design of flowers and tower with a modeling chocolate Rapunzel. I liked the gum-paste version, but with report cards looming, I did not have the time to make it. Modelling chocolate still looks and tastes great though!


Rapunzel looks too demure. I need to master her rebellious look.
(above you can see the waterfall shimmer.. ohhh... ahh!)

The best part of the cake was the pillars. I've wanted to do a pillar cake for a while. These pillars simple Wilton square pillars decorated with modeling chocolate and made to look like beautiful trees. I love them a lot!

This is just a preview, tomorrow, hopefully, I will have wonderful set-up pictures on site at the party!

Ciao!

post signature

See me at 733

12 comments:

Catalina said...

You're so talented! The cake is AMAZING! Hats off, really! I can't even imagine how complicated and time consuming it must have been to put this together. Absolutely stunning :)

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

You did such an amazing job, it must have taken forever. Great idea using the icecream cone. I can imagine transporting the cake to the party would be pretty terrifying.

annies home said...

what an awesome cake sure to make someone happy

Unknown said...

WOW!! This is amazing!! I love all the details, how tall was the entire cake?

Kate said...

Wow! The modeling chocolate looks amazing!! I can't imagine how many hours you put into this one. I'm sure all of the guests went crazy for it!!

PuppyFly Boutique said...

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this! I can't see how anyone could bare to cut it! Amazing! Anna

Fabric Bows and More said...

Love it! Come and join our link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

Amazing cake!

Sommer said...

Holy smokes! I have cake envy! Not that I can even frost a cake but whoah that things is amazing. Please come link to my party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/06/vip-party-18.html

Blogger Broadcast said...

Any kid would love that cake. That is a lot of work, and you must have loved every minute, yes? :-)

Anonymous said...

This is great! We just did a Rapunzel party for my little girl.

Love your cake. Great job.

The Sweet Details said...

Hey! Just wanted to invite you over to share one of your wonderful recipes at my link party- Savory Sundays!! Have a great week!!