Sunday, January 27, 2013

Zander's Story - Skylanders Cake

I have to admit, lately, the internet has bored me. Sure, I do Pintrest, and play games online, but mostly, when I go online, I check one or two pages, see that they have not been updated (because I checked them earlier that day), and decide to spend my time elsewhere. My interest in the internet, including Blogging, has dropped off. Why is that? Is this an Internet-Depression? Have I become apathetic to the internet? Have I just decided to spend my time doing other pursuits (including baking, and not posting?! A faux-pas!) Whatever the reason, my creative juices don't seem to flow as naturally as they once did. And my attention span appears to be suffering this trouble as well.

This epiphany came on the heels of posting up a new cake I created for a friend's son. His passion, and love, at this wonderful age, is Skylanders. You might recall, two years ago, I created a Pablo Backyardigans Cake for the same little guy! Well, little this guy is not, and he's growing quick!



The birthday boy insisted I use his favorite characters, and he proudly whipped out Bouncer, Spyro, Tree-Rex and Jet-Vac, each one coming with a story about why he likes the characters. I must say, his favorite, Bouncer, the one in the center who looks like Iron-Man, was the coolest for me too! His dopy smile was amazing, and the warm praise he received from Zander was endearing!


 In addition to the cake, I made a special name plate which I painted using edible food colours. I also made a cookie with each of the elements on them.




 I think the best part of this cake was the simplicity of it. It has been a long time since I got to make a simple 9-inch round cake! Lately, calls have been in for elaborate designs and sugar flowers, which I love to do! But it was so nice to make something as easy as a round platform which I placed toys upon! I think this was the first cake that I was not asked to make the figurines! In fact, Zander insisted upon his own characters! How sweet! He was super happy to see it all together, and I was super happy to deliver such smiles.

post signature

1 comment:

Antonella said...

Really beautiful!!! Congratulations for your cakes and blog!

I'll be back to see you, see you soon hello! :)